This toolkit is intended as a library and resource for designers and frontend developers, but it's important to first understand how the overall development environment works to best leverage the appropriate tool.
16 killer web apps you should use to increase productivity (all free)
Lorem Picsum is a placeholder generator for pictures, with lots of customization options. Provide parameters for your images directly in the URLs.
Remove the background of any photo automatically. Just select your image and instantly download the resulting image with the background removed.
PFPMaker generates professional profile pics from any photo. It uses background removal AI, beautifies your photo, and generates dozens of profile pic variations automatically.
CSS Gradient makes it dead simple to create fresh web gradients. Includes a collection of tools to help you level up your gradient game.
Neumorphic shapes look incredible but are difficult to create. This generator makes it easy to create the shapes you've envisioned.
Animista is a great tool for creating custom CSS animations with various effects. Once you created your animation, generate the code and integrate it into your project.
FontJoy finds interesting font pairings using the embedding layer of a neural net. Click a button and a unique pairing is served upon our minimal interface.
When in a rush to get a placeholder logo, feel free to use Logo Ipsum with tons of available choices and different logo designs fitting every need.
Create and share beautiful images of your source code. Another great alternative is ray .so.
Capture and share Twitter posts as beautiful images. It makes sharing Twitter posts on other platforms more visual and attention-grabbing.
Easily wrap screenshots in browser frames. Drag-drop support. Generate screenshot from URL. Customize padding, scaling, and background color.
Create modern-looking shadows. Edit their horizontal and vertical offsets, blur, and spread radiuses. Once you are done, generate the code and use it in your project.
The editor allows you to quickly add and customize all the sections you need for your project's README.
A tool to debug and generate meta tag code for any website. Preview how your webpage will look on Google, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
Create a favicon in a few clicks from text, image, or emoji.
Several ways to decrease page load:
- File concatenation
- Minify JS and CSS
- CDN Hosted technology
- Make as few HTTP requests as possible
- Optimizing images
- Use Sprites
- Progessive JPGs
- Use CSS3 to mimick imagery
- Google Developers: Optimizing Performance
- 26 Best Free Chrome Extensions for SEOs
Audit your website, explore competitors, research keywords and backlinks - all in one place.
BrightEdge is the leading SEO and content performance marketing platform, helping more than 1300 customers generate more organic traffic.
DeepCrawl is the most comprehensive website crawler and is trusted by the world's biggest brands. We enable our clients to increase site revenue and drive more organic traffic by uncovering SEO insights and technical issues that are impeding websites from success in search.
- Keyword Planner: Tools > Planning > Keyword Planner > Discover new keywords
- Mobile-Friendly Test
- PageSpeed Insights
Queries: The Google Search queries that generated impressions of your website URLs in Google organic search results.
Note: When adding your website to Search Console, we recommend adding both http:// and https:// versions, as well as the “www” and “non-www” versions.
- Impressions: The number of times any URL from your site appeared in search results viewed by a user, not including paid Google Ads search impressions.
- Clicks: The number of clicks on your website URLs from a Google Search results page, not including clicks on paid Google Ads search results.
- Average Position: The average ranking of your website URLs for the query or queries. For example, if your site's URL appeared at position 3 for one query and position 7 for another query, the average position would be 5 ((3+7)/2).
- CTR: Click-through rate, calculated as Clicks / Impressions * 100.
Queries Report: The Queries report lists the Google Search queries that generated impressions of your website URLs in Google organic search results.
Understanding the correlation between how users search and the relevancy of your pages to those queries provides insight into how to optimize your content.
The number of impressions that each page generates and the average position of impressions let you understand how well the search engine correlates your content to user queries.
Clicks and click-through rate let you understand how well users correlate the search results with their intentions.
When a query returns only a single URL from your site, then Average Position value is based on the position of that URL in the search results. When a query returns more than one URL from your site, the Average Position value is based on the URL that appears highest in the search results. To protect user privacy, queries that are made infrequently or that contain sensitive or personal information are grouped together as (other).
- Rich Results Test
- URL Inspection Tool
Microdata is part of the WHATWG HTML Standard and is used to nest metadata within existing content on web pages. Search engines and web crawlers can extract and process microdata from a web page and use it to provide a richer browsing experience for users. Search engines benefit greatly from direct access to this structured data because it allows search engines to understand the information on web pages and provide more relevant results to users. Microdata uses a supporting vocabulary to describe an item and name-value pairs to assign values to its properties. Microdata is an attempt to provide a simpler way of annotating HTML elements with machine-readable tags than the similar approaches of using RDFa and classic microformats.
- Google and other major search engines support the Schema.org vocabulary for structured data.
- Software Application Schema - Google Developers
- Structured data with Schema.org: the ultimate guide - Yoast | September 8, 2021
- The Beginner's Guide to Structured Data for Organizing & Optimizing Your Website - HubSpot | Dec 17, 2020
Moz builds tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy.
An innovative search engine marketing agency offering search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising services.
Get insights into your competitors’ strategies in display advertising, organic and paid search, and link building.
- A Four-Step Guide on Keyword Mapping to Improve Your SEO and Content Strategy
- A Beginners Guide to Robots.txt: Everything You Need to Know
- SEO Checklist 41 Best Practices
- The Definitive Guide to Google Search Console
- The 2020 Keyword Research Guide for SEO
- XML Sitemaps Guide: The Best Tricks, Tips & Sitemap Generator Tools
Neil Patel: Helping You Succeed Through Online Marketing!