A results-driven information technology professional that has nineteen-years experience specializing in frontend design, development and digital marketing with extensive experience in project management.
A veteran of design-to-development process dedicated to a logical, clean and efficient codebase and pixel-perfect integrations.
My career objective is to become part of a visionary and innovative company focused on creating unique and memorable client solutions. In addition, it's equally important to find a creative atmosphere that promotes an educational and collaborative team environment that focuses on productivity, and the growth of its employees.
- Skills Overview
- Expert understanding of W3C standards and its application in cross-browser support.
- Expert hand-coding valid HTML5 semantic markup.
- Expert hand-coding CSS-driven layouts in a table less environment.
- Strong working knowledge of responsive web design.
- Strong working knowledge of web authoring, graphic, marketing and project management tools including:
- Atom, Dreamweaver, Sketch, Hubspot, WordPress, Drupal, Notepad++, Coda, Eclipse, TopStyle, Basecamp, JIRA and Confluence.
- Expert working knowledge of Firefox add-ons such as Firebug and Web Developers toolbar.
- Expert working knowledge of Chrome's Developer Tools.
- Extensive experience designing graphic mockups and rapid prototyping including:
- Wireframes, sitemaps, interaction designs, task flows, flow charts and navigation models
- Extensive experience in information architecture using card sorting tools such as OptimalSort.
- Extensive experience in Accessibility and Usability testing.
- Expert knowledge of search engine optimization, web analytics and metrics reporting.
- Leveraging tools such as Google Analytics and HubSpot to ascertain visitor usage and trends
- Strong working knowledge of designing and deploying HTML email newsletters.
- Experience using SharePoint, Salesforce and various Content Management Systems.
- Experience working with API platforms such as Janrain and Thinkmap.
- Experience using Version Control Tools such as Visual Source Safe and SVN.
- Experience collaborating with software engineers in .NET and Java Environments.
- Expert working knowledge of both Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Professional Experience
Intelang – Richardson, Texas
Senior UI/UX Frontend Designer (Contract)
Intelang is a software development company. Recently engaged as a user experience architect, interactive and visual designer charged with designing the application's user interface and external client-facing website.
- Designed initial concepts, wireframes and mockups using Sketch in an effort to define the user interface.
- Converted mockups and functional requirements into a working prototype using Bootstrap.
- Charged with improving the app and website's overall user experience, accessibility and performance.
- Used Git for version control and GitHub as our code collaboration platform.
- Charged with creating and implementing the company's digital inbound marketing plan and strategy.
Apptricity Corporation – Irving, Texas
Senior UI/UX Frontend Developer
Apptricity Corporation is a market leader in supply chain management and integrated finance applications. Employed as a member of the marketing organization's creative team and currently involved in the scoping, planning, build-out and migration of the company website from WordPress to a more modern and modular approach to site development.
- Responsibilities include managing all front-end web development initiatives and performing daily production work on the company's client-facing website.
- Using design in browser techniques, semantically valid HTML/CSS, caching, image spriting, code minification, and rapid prototyping to produce production ready code resulting in reduced HTTP requests and exceptional performance.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing manager to develop and implement social media campaigns by leveraging Hubspot to support the company's marketing efforts.
- Reskinned WordPress that required extensive coding in order to model the new interface design in an effort to promote the company's blog posts and press releases.
- Charged with improving the site's overall page rank using microdata, semantic markup, accessible content and code optimization that also includes monitoring analytics data and metrics.
AXIOM Sales Force Development – Richardson, Texas
Senior UI/UX Frontend Developer
Charged with managing all web-based initiatives and maintaining the company's client-facing website. In addition, tasked as the lead project manager leveraging Confluence as our collaborative tool to effectively manage and organize all Web-based projects. Additionally, engaged as the UI/UX frontend web developer responsible for implementing cutting-edge technical solutions.
- Collaborated closely with Janrain to develop and implement a social media widget by leveraging their user management platform to support our marketing efforts.
- Charged with finding and re-skinning a responsive WordPress theme that required extensive coding in order to duplicate the same interface as our client-facing site. In addition, imported over a 130 posts from the former blogging software that required extensive cleanup. Also, installed a handful of plugins to provide metrics for our marketing team as an analytic tool to help drive leads.
- Charged with creating UI designs/mockups for implementation by our developers tasked with customizing our Salesforce coaching application. In addition, tasked with developing custom pages for our “Contextual Training Center“ to provide continued training for our portal customers.
- Also, responsible for coordinating efforts with our web hosting service provider to provision, configure and implement virtual servers to support our various product and web-based initiatives. In addition, managed our DNS records including adding new subdomains to help facilitate various marketing and development efforts.
Torchmark Corporation – McKinney, Texas
Senior UI/UX Frontend Developer
Charged with managing all projects related to interface design and frontend development for our client facing Web sites.
- Tasked as the lead front-end developer on three high-profile external client projects.
- Charged with converting PSD files to HTML5 and CSS using responsive web design technologies.
- Tasked with developing custom mobile style sheets for client sites enabling them to adapt to various device viewports.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and fixing problems in client sites built in WordPress.
- Charged with designing and creating HTML email blasts for agent webinars.
Fonality – Plano, Texas
Web Services Manager
Charged with managing all web-based initiatives including a team of web professionals to update and maintain the company's client-facing website. In addition, tasked as the lead project manager leveraging Basecamp, Google Drive and Google Docs as collaborative tools to effectively manage and organize all Web-based projects. Additionally, engaged as the senior web designer and frontend developer responsible for implementing cutting-edge technical solutions.
- Currently reengineering the corporate site to use the HTML5 framework.
- Focused on usability, content and the site's overall information architecture.
- Focused on browser compatibility, accessibility and various screen resolutions.
- Focused on ensuring all sites render properly on handheld devices using CSS media queries.
- Creating new and updating existing web pages using XHTML, CSS, Fireworks and some jQuery.
- Working with Web team to develop clear CSS naming conventions and reusable chunks of HTML markup.
- Using Drupal as Web authoring tool.
- Troubleshoot and fix all UI, coding and browser compatibility issues.
- Tasked with improving SEO in an effort to leverage the site as the company's primary lead generation tool.
- Charged with maintaining and/or developing micro sites for the company's channel partners including:
- The implementation and deployment of the Resellers portal
- Charged with developing banners for various SEM marketing campaigns.
- Conduct weekly project meetings to help facilitate and improve the overall project workflow.
- Work with the IT team to help monitor bandwidth in a high traffic, high availability environment.
Electronic Data Systems (EDS) – Plano, Texas
Senior Web Standards Developer
Charged with managing all projects related to interface design and Web standards technologies for our corporate Internet (client facing) and Intranet sites. In addition, tasked as the lead project manager, Web designer and XHTML/CSS developer on four high-profile internal and external client projects.
- Led a highly-visible, time-sensitive Web-based initiative for an external client that resulted in EDS being named Technology Partner of the Year (, 57K) and included a requirements workshop, functional prototype, skillfully crafted user-centered interface and a well-structured information architecture.
- Charged with re-designing and converting our internal travel site to an in-house content management system and migrated the site to a new server environment. The Web site was presented with a Webby Award for outstanding Intranet development.
- Tasked with redesigning our recruiting organization’s external facing Web site focused on career opportunities at EDS. Extensive functionality was added enabling the user to conduct a well-defined search for employment opportunities on a global scale, which resulted in a 30% increase in site traffic.
- Managed and built an online micro-site posting the roughly 500 agendas produced annually, and logistical information currently gathered for executive briefings, which provided EDS with the ability to create analytical reports and targeted surveys in an effort to improve the overall client experience.
Perot Systems – Plano, Texas
Web Design Specialist
Served as a member of the graphics and multimedia design team tasked with defining and prioritizing Web initiatives, and taking a lead role in the front-end design, layout, composition, development and implementation of large scale Web presentations.
- Designed, created and implemented the corporate training Intranet (PSU), which served as the companies primary medium for communicating and providing to the associate numerous technical and business related courses. This enabled associates to successfully complete corporate’s mandate requiring 40 hours of training annually, improved employee skill set development and provided significant cost savings.
- Designed, created and implemented the internal communications Intranet, which served as corporate’s primary medium for communicating to the associate highly classified information about various business matters. This significantly reduced the amount of email traffic, and increased the associate’s level of awareness regarding Perot Systems’ financial status, key business deals and compelling associate stories on a weekly basis.
- Designed, created and implemented an HTML email template used by corporate communications to advise associates of upcoming events in their surrounding communities that needed volunteers for charitable enterprises. This resulted in a higher percentage of associates volunteering their time for various and notable organizations (i.e. Habit for Humanity, Red Cross, Race for the Cure, etc.).
- Played a key role in developing the HTML curriculum used in the Engineering Development Program (EDP). This particular program focused primarily on hiring military recruits and putting them through an intensive twelve-week boot camp comprised of numerous technical courses. This resulted in deploying hundreds of qualified technical resources on various projects and/or accounts utilizing their newly acquired array of technical skills.
- Conducted more than 60 Web-based classes (i.e. HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Flash) in conjunction with training and development’s technical course offerings. This enabled each organization to enroll a team member charged with maintaining and managing their particular Intranet site to significantly enhance their authoring skills without having to rely on the Web services organization to update their sites.
- Designed and created an animated banner advertising career opportunities at Perot Systems, which ran on several online job search Web sites, and garnished significant results.
- Course Work - Lawrence Institute Technology, Southfield, Michigan
- Humanities and Computer Science
- Certified Adobe Dreamweaver Developer
- HyCurve Course Completion: Information Media and Web Design
- Certificate of Achievement: Successful Project Management
- 2008 EDS Webby Award: Best Web site - infoCentre Global
- 2008 EDS Webby Award: Favorite EDS Web site - EDS Travel